IPR Services – Geographical Indications of Goods
Geographical indication of goods refers to the geographical indication referring to a country or to a place situated therein as being the country or place of origin of their products. In other words geographical indication is an indication of origin and used to identify agricultural, natural or manufactured goods originating from a definite territory of place and have a special quality or characteristics or reputation based upon the climate all production characteristics of geographical location. Typically, such a name conveys an assurance of quality and distinctiveness which is essentially attributable to the facts of its origin in that defined geographical locality, reason or country.
Benefits of Registration
The registration prevents unauthorized use of a geographical indication by others. It also boost export of goods originating from geographical region by providing legal protection and promotes economic prosperity of producers.
L&M Services Offering
- Making applications for registration of GI, prosecuting applications and obtaining registrations
- Maintaining GI by sending renewal reminders, automatic renewing and reinstatement of GI not renewed in time
- Filing oppositions against advertised applications and registered GI
- Investigating infringements and filing actions for infringement
- A search report can be given of all registered and advertised GI including proprietor name search